Do you have a sample job description for library staff?
Library Clerk -
- circulates materials and prepares overdue notices;
- maintains circulation records and other library statistics;
- shelves materials that have been returned;
- processes new materials to be added to the collection;
- maintains the library (straightening up, etc);
- assists students and staff with general reference requests.
Librarian (Library Technician/Library Media Teacher)
4-part role (from national school library guidelines):
- Information specialist
- Instructional consultant
- assists in ordering materials for the library;
- catalogs and processes materials;
- oversees library automation systems and computers;
- provides instruction in the use of the library and its materials;
- trains and supervises volunteers or student aides.
The mission statement identifies the values and purpose of the library. The mission statement is a statement of what the library aspires to be. It is a concise synthesis of the service goals and philosophy of service.